Sharmans acknowledge that your contact details will be provided to us if you complete our enquiry form. We understand the confidential nature of this information and the details will be protected to ensure confidentiality.
As part of Sharmans' commitment to excellence of service and with the objective of providing you with enhanced services we may monitor the use of this website. This website complies with all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computer’s hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Should users wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website onto their computer’s hard drive, they should take necessary steps within their web browser’s security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
Information collection and use
How do we collect information?
Sharmans collect information in two possible ways:
- When you directly give it to us (“Directly Provided Data”)
- When you give us permission to obtain from other accounts (“User Authorised Data”)
When you sign up for our ebrief service or communicate with us, you may choose to voluntarily give us certain information – for example, by filling in text boxes or completing enquiry forms.All this information requires a direct action by you at that time in order for us to receive it. Please read the privacy notice attached to you
Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for other online services, you may give us permission to obtain information from your account with those other services. For example, this can be via social media or by choosing to send us your location data when accessing our website from your smartphone.– This needs checking as to whether it happen on our website
How long do we keep your data for?
Sharmans will not retain your personal information longer than necessary. We will hold onto the information you provide either while your matter is in existence, or as needed to be able to provide the Services to you, or (in the case of any contact you may have with our firm) for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting and trend analysis only.
If legally required or if it is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our Terms and Conditions, we may also retain some of your information for a limited period of time as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the Services to you.
Choosing how we use your data
We understand that you trust us with your personal information and we are committed to ensuring you can manage the privacy and security of your personal information yourself.
With respect to the information relating to you that ends up in our possession, and recognising that it is your choice to provide us with your personally identifiable information, we commit to giving you the ability to do all of the following:
- You can verify the details you have submitted to Sharmans by contacting Philip Elliott at . Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we reveal information, including your e-mail address.
- You can also contact us by the same method to change, correct, or delete your personal information controlled by Sharmans regarding your profile at any time.
- You can always feel free to update us on your details at any point by contacting Philip Elliott in the above way.
- You can unsubscribe from receiving marketing emails from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email. Once you do this, you will no longer receive any emails from us.
- You can request a readable copy of the personal data we hold on you at any time. To do this, please contact Philip Elliott as detailed above.
Please note, we are constantly reviewing how we process and protect data. Therefore, changes to our policy may occur at any time. We will endeavour to publicise any changes.