Sharman Law is a LawNet member firm, a national network of law firms committed to excellence. Each member firm is independently audited to ensure they continue to deliver the highest standards in client care and professional service, to give you peace of mind that your case will be handled expertly, and that your interests will come first.
LawNet was established in 1989 to enable a collaborative, national network where independent law firms could share knowledge, best practice and expertise.
- Better service– quality assured law firms; independently audited
A good lawyer must be expert in the law; that goes without saying. But they also need to show a firm commitment to providing a clear, practical legal service with the highest quality procedures in place, giving you peace of mind that your case will be handled expertly. You can be confident that LawNet firms provide this, as every LawNet member is hand-picked, giving you confidence that you will receive only the best advice and services – quickly, efficiently, and at the right cost.
Every LawNet member must secure and maintain the LawNet ISO9001:2008 quality assurance standard – which includes regular independent evaluation, providing in-depth analysis of their performance and recommendations for continuous improvement to ensure customers receive the best possible service.
- Better resources– local service, national resources
The combined income of the 65 firms comprising LawNet is currently in excess of £250m – equivalent to a UK Top 15 law firm – with members ranging from £2m to £20m turnover. It enables the network to provide LawNet firms with access to the types of resources normally only available in the largest firms. This means that customers benefit from a superior legal service combining local knowledge and personal detail backed by a depth and breadth of expertise comparable with the biggest law firms in the country.
- Better connected– network of over 2,000 solicitors
As a LawNet member firm we are part of a network of over 2,000 lawyers across the UK, and with links across Europe through the Eurojuris network. Everyone in the network is committed to sharing expertise, knowledge and best practice – which ensures that you benefit from the experience and resources of not just your solicitor but the entire network.
LawNet does not seek to profit from its members, only to see them grow and be successful in their local market. Visit www.lawnet.co.uk for more information.
Client Service Charter
Firms with the LawNet Mark of Excellence are committed to providing their clients with the highest standards of care and advice.
Our commitments to you:
- We are committed to listening, understanding and helping you achieve your goals
- We will ask you what you think about our service which may include asking you to complete a client satisfaction survey.
- We will avoid jargon and use Plain English explaining any necessary legal terms
- We will communicate with you in the way you prefer
- We will tell you how long we expect things to take and update you regularly on progress
- If you contact us we will respond or acknowledge receipt of your communication promptly; and wherever possible within one working day
- If the issue is more time sensitive or you tell us you need a response in a particular timeframe we will endeavour to meet your requirements.
Looking after you
- All our clients are valued and important
- We will let you know who will be working with you and give you their direct contact details
- We will let you know what to do if you need to contact us out of office hours
- We are committed to providing excellent service that takes your needs into account
- We will be friendly, approachable and professional.
- We will be open and transparent about our fees at all times, providing fixed fees where possible
- Where not possible, we will give you the best information that we can on the likely total cost of your case at the outset
- Should anything alter we will contact you before we incur any additional costs
- Any bill we send you will be clear, describing the work done and amount charged.
- Our firm is committed to ensuring that our clients are central to everything we do
- We will ensure our people are properly resourced and have the appropriate training
- When assigning the right person to your case we will take into account your needs, expectations and budget
- We are committed to providing a positive working environment for our people
- Our firm is regularly audited to ensure we maintain the high standards required to maintain the quality marks we hold
- We will check we are providing excellent service by regularly monitoring client satisfaction with mystery shopping and asking clients what they think.
To provide you with excellent service, we need you to
- Tell us what your objectives are and be clear about your expectations
- Respond as soon as possible to any requests for information
- Let us know straight away if anything changes
- Work cooperatively with us to set and achieve realistic timescales
- Appreciate that we have to follow a strict professional code of conduct
- Help us to keep working for you by paying our invoices on time
- Let us know if we are not providing you with the service you expected.
If things go wrong
- If things go wrong or you are less than happy with our service please tell us immediately – we welcome your feedback as it helps us provide a better service
- If we cannot resolve the problem we will let you know who to contact with your concerns.