History: A sketch of the Bedford office

With our main office in Bedford and a second office in Ampthill, we can trace our roots back to 1809 when Francis John Budd, the founder of the firm, established his practice in St Pauls Square, Bedford, where we still practice.

Since then the firm has grown to its present size to become one of the leading provincial legal practices. We are proud of our history and long established links with the people and businesses in Bedfordshire, surrounding areas and beyond.

This tradition of reliable service is reflected in our current approach. But we also embrace and foster modern thinking and technology to help us provide the best service that we can.

Our experienced lawyers and support staff means that we are able to offer reliable specialist advice and assistance in most areas of legal service. At the same time we pride ourselves on the personal and friendly service that we give to generations of clients, their businesses and their families.

Our Partners all live locally and have lived locally for most of their lives. We form a progressive and energetic group and, like our predecessors in the firm, we all take an active part in local organisations and affairs. This helps us keep in touch with the community and its developments and we hope it shows in our commitment to the community.